Saturday 10 January 2015

Snowflake Love & Friends from Overseas

Oh yes, I just love snowflakes!  Tatted snowflakes?  Wonderful.  Snowflake earrings and a brooch?  Yes, please (you've seen all those recently on my blog).  I'm thinking of the next blanket I'd like to make… and then I saw… a snowflake blanket!  Not ready to start on that yet, but I had to give the motif a go, just to see…

I rather like it.
This might very well be my next big crochet project.



And on the crochet front again, I recently received a nice surprise in the post from a friend:  not only did she send me some Fa-brick to try (I'll report on that soon) but also enclosed some yarns for me to play with.  One of them was this Euroflax which is 100% linen.  It's quite unusual and I must admit feels a bit like thin rope (or twine) to work with but I'm told this yarn will soften a lot by being washed and dried in the machine.  I'm hoping I'll have enough for a short scarf/cowl and can't wait to report back after I've washed it to see what it turns out like.  I really like the shade of muted mauve and it will go very well with a cardigan I'm wearing today.  I love getting surprises in the post and I'm so appreciative of friends I have made through tatting.  Thank you very much M.!



Thank you also to all of you for your wonderful words of encouragement on the last post.  I'm working at it and am really very nearly there on the huge doily.  Can't wait to show you!


Best wishes,
Frivole

14 comments:

  1. If you're not ready to tackle the whole blanket, a few of those motifs would make great coasters or trivets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love the snowflake!!! :)
    And the lacy look of the scarf/cowl is beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! A snowflake afghan! I could get into that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the snowflake afghan, so "crisp". I can't wait to see the whole cowl, it's a lovely pattern. Glad you like the yarn/twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflake crocheted motif looks fantastic. It will make a great blanket, but I also like the idea of using a motif as coaster in the meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A snowflake blanket will look fantastic! I like working with different fibres, so I'll be interested to hear how the cowl turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowflake motif looks lovely and make into a blanket would be totally gorgeous.
    The thread looks interesting, I await to see how it works out.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful love your work weather tatting or crochet you have mastered them both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful possible way of working

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous crochet snowflake motif!! Thanks for sharing a link to the pattern. Must try it :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wunderschöne Schneeflockenmotiv für eine Decke. Ich liebe ihre Occhi-Arbeiten. Schal und Farbe sind wirklich sehr schön.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your snowflake crochet looks great. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!