Friday 4 March 2011

Peacock Feather Bookmark

Found this bookmark through a link on In Tatters.  I had made several bookmarks very similar to it before... apart from the tail!  Very clever how those very long picots make it look like a peacock feather.  So of course, I had to try it.


It would be even better if I could get the colours to be symmetrical on the "feather" but I think that would be quite hard to achieve with the variegated thread.

I made the VERY long picots by winding the thread six times around a pencil before making the next double stitch.  

The pattern can be found here at Needles-n-Shuttles.

I like finishing bookmarks with a tassel but this makes a change and is very attractive.

What do you think?

Best wishes,


4 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty bookmark! The tassel really does look like a peacock feather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I love the tassel it does look like a peacock feather! lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I am feeling inspired to tat this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about the long picots. This is a pattern that is on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!